Toilet bowl cleaner stained stainless steel sink

+11
How do I remove stains from a stainless steel sink caused by toilet bowl cleaner?

• Hillela G. Hillela G. on Oct 03, 2017
    Vinegar and a magic eraser does the trick for us! good luck :)

• Catherine Anspaugh Catherine Anspaugh on Oct 03, 2017
    I won't ask why toilet bowl cleaner was used to clean a sink!! I use Barkeepers friend to clean all of my stainless steel. It works great. Find it in the cleaning isle next to Ajax, comet or soft scrub.

• See 4 previous
    • Canuck_Gamer33 Canuck_Gamer33 on Aug 19, 2021

I ran into the same problem when my father was rinsing out an "empty" toilet bowl cleaner bottle as part of the recycling procedure. Even diluted toilet bowl cleaner stains the sink! Anyway, I just read the solution suggestions and will give them a try a little later today.

• Catherine Anspaugh Catherine Anspaugh on Oct 04, 2017
    Thanks for your explanation!! Trust me, the Barkeepers Friend really works.

• Yammie Yammie on Oct 04, 2017
    We had yellowish/gold stains on our vynal siding which did not come off even after a pro power washing. I checked on the internet that they could have been caused by the sprinklers. A few people said they had good luck using “The Works” toilet bowl cleaner from the dollar store. So I tried it and it worked. i didn’t realize it would stain the sink when I transferred the liquid into a spray bottle. So the siding is fine , but I now have to work on the sink!

• Brian Kunz Brian Kunz on Aug 05, 2019

I did the same thing to my sink (the works) and had to use 1500 grit wet/dry sand paper and that cleaned it right up. Just trickle some water in while you are doing it and go with the grain of the metal.