How to clean glass cook top stove

+4
  • Ilona Elliott Ilona Elliott on Apr 05, 2018
    You can buy a cleaner made specifically for it at most hardware stores and even some larger grocery stores in the cleaning aisles. You can use a razor blade scraper to remove baked on food residue, just use a light touch and keep the blade at the proper angle so as not to mark the cook top. Then follow up with the cook top cleaner and they usually clean up really nicely. Much nicer than those old coil burners, IMHO. These are the recommendations that came with our range and it worked well for us.

• Christel Christel on Apr 05, 2018
    I use a Mr Eraser sponge...usually works great! 😃

• Chubby58 Chubby58 on Apr 05, 2018
    I use a flat single edge razor to scrape off the hard stuff, then spray with 1/2 isopropyl alcohol and 1/2 white vinegar. Works great....that’s my winded.

• Johnavallance82 Johnavallance82 on Apr 06, 2018
    Barkeepers friend or Ceramic top Cleaner..........

• Sharon Sharon on Apr 06, 2018
    i use Weiman cleaner on mine. If I run out of-that, use baking soda sprinkled all over the top and I wet 2 dish towels with hot water and dish soap and lay that on top of baking soda. I let it sit for 5-10 minutes and scrub any problem area and rinse!

• Janet Pizaro Janet Pizaro on Apr 06, 2018
    https://www.hometalk.com/diy/clean/ovens/how-to-clean-a-glass-cooktop-and-get-a-streak-free-shine-3916971?r=1

• Kelly Denoyer Russell Kelly Denoyer Russell on Apr 06, 2018
    What Sharon said above this post. I use a plastic scrapper/spatula, soak towels in hot water and walk away and return later for a baking soda scrubbing. Baking soda is recommended for stainless sinks too. I would not use a Majic Eraser. That will scratch! Remember it’s glass.