Asked on May 23, 2018

Is Wet & Forget Toxic or should I just use TSP for mold, moss &mildew?

by Col26483588
  5 answers
  • Ken Ken on May 23, 2018

    Not toxic except to the mold, moss, and mildew. Toxic stuff of necessity carries very visible warnings. Look at the bottle and you will find no such warnings. TSP, on the other hand, is toxic to you and harmful to streams and lakes. Laundry detergent, by law, no longer uses phosphates because of this.

  • Kim Kim on May 23, 2018

    For a non toxic Mold, Mildew, and Moss remover- use plain white distilled vinegar. It kills more varieties than bleach and is also able to permeate more surfaces as well.

    • See 2 previous
    • Brenda Shaw Brenda Shaw on Nov 22, 2019

      I used it about 2 days ago and when I got in the shower this morning the fumes were so bad when I turned on the water it literally took my breath that I had to leave the bathroom. I even had the fan on and my throat has had a burning sensation all day. I will not be using it again. Hope I can get my $18.00 back.

  • Mindshift Mindshift on May 24, 2018

    The active ingredient in Wet N Forget is not carcinogenic. It does have some toxicity, but its dilution minimalizes the danger. As with all chemicals it's best to apply it dressed in long sleeves and pants and wearing a face mask to avoid breathing in the mists. Wet N Forget errant spray won't kill your grass and other plants, but it may cause temporary browning. Pets should be kept off of sprayed areas for 5 hours. Once the spray has dried it is safe to touch. However, sidewalks and such can be rinsed off with a hose the next day so nothing lingers.

  • Ellis Ellis on May 24, 2018

    I think I'd much rather use Wet & Forget than TSP, which is really toxic.

  • Eric Eric on Sep 29, 2019

    This product instantly kills small frogs ! That was surely not my intent when I applied this product . Please beware how toxic this is to use around your house ! I returned the product to Lowe’s .