How do I clean the white circles around faucets?

+3

My counter is marble. White is around the facets.

• FrugalFamilyTimes.com FrugalFamilyTimes.com on Feb 05, 2019

It’s often minerals from your water. I like to soak paper towel in vinegar and wrap it around the faucet. Leave it awhile and then wipe.

• Erockvoan Erockvoan on Feb 05, 2019

Thank you so much

• William William on Feb 05, 2019

Marble is basically compressed limestone. Any acidic cleaners will etch, dull and stain the surface, including vinegar, citrus cleaners, lime/calcium cleaners, and bleach.

If you are trying to remove an old stain, create a dense paste of more baking soda and less water. Then place the paste over the stain, allowing it to function for a few minutes. After that wipe off the baking soda paste. If it is needed you can repeat the procedure until the stain vanishes.

If the stain is persistent and is still there you can try removing it with ammonia solution. Make the area of the stain damp with 10% ammonia, diluted in water. Ammonia is knows as a base solution, so it is suitable for removing stains from marble.

The final stage of the stain removal us rinsing. Rinse the solution from your marble well to eliminate any residue, left from the cleaning ingredients on it.

I advise to use gloves when removing the stain with ammonia. They will protect your hands. Ventilate the room, in which you use ammonia for removing stains, because it is toxic.

• Betsy Betsy on Feb 05, 2019

Hi Erockvoan: I've heard that this works: Pour three parts water and one part vinegar into a spray bottle. White vinegar will disinfect and break apart the calcium deposits without harming the marble surface. Add a tbsp. of liquid dish detergent to the solution; this will also help cut through the calcium and leave behind a streak-free shine. Never ever try to use descaling or anti-lime scale agent for cleaning marble. Usually soap and water are good, but if you have stubborn stains, like your water scale, which is a mineral buildup, you should try to use stain removers especially prepared for marble surfaces. Good luck