How to paint black & white checkered pumpkin?

+9
as the picture below, the checkers vary in sizes? Can you explain how to do this using painters tape??
q how to paint black white checkered pumpkin , crafts, halloween decorations, seasonal holiday decor
  • Janet Pizaro Janet Pizaro on Oct 09, 2016
    Use painters tape. Cut out your desired shapes and paint.

• Joyce Smith Ryan Joyce Smith Ryan on Oct 10, 2016
    Sorry I can't help much but I do know that you cannot paint the whole pumpkin. You need to leave those spots where the painters tape was unpainted because if you don't, your pumpkin could explode. You don't want to have to clean up that mess. Good luck.

• See 2 previous
    • Andy Andy on Oct 01, 2019

How often do you see pumpkins explode? Never. Unless you drop it or go to pumpkin chunking. They dont explode. And paint isntvgoing to make them explode. They just turn to mush.

• Lorna Scott Lorna Scott on Oct 10, 2016
    I would paint the entire pumpkin white, let dry completely then mask off the white areas you want and paint the black, I do not know if this is right, but that is how I would attempt it.

• D roach D roach on Oct 10, 2016
    I would imagine it would take some marking out first. Sit it on a flat surface then using a spirit level mark all the way round. measure down to next line and do the same. keep going until all horizontal lines are completed. use tape around each square to paint it.

It has something to do with the breathing. I don't really know why I just know people it happened to.

• Sneeze01 Sneeze01 on Oct 10, 2016
    If I went to this much work, I would just use the artificial pumpkins. That way you have them from year to year!

• Carole Carole on Oct 10, 2016
    A helpful hint when using painters tape. After securing the tape, use a clear presealer before painting your color. (Be sure to let the sealer dry before using your paint. ) This keeps the paint from bleeding under the tape.

• Bon12513796 Bon12513796 on Oct 11, 2016
    Black tape