Asked on Sep 23, 2018

Where do i get brackets for sloped walls.

Theresa Maria
by Theresa Maria

I have sloped walls in my loft and Ann not handy with tools. I want to utilize that wall space. Where can I find brackets for sloped walls to put up shelving? My home improvement stores don't have them.

  5 answers
  • Ken Erickson Ken Erickson on Sep 23, 2018

    I'm assuming you want to add shelves or cabinets for storage. None of these items care if your wall is taller at one end than the other. You want things to be level. Buy a cheap level and stud finder. Any bracket you use should be fastened into a wall stud. Make a rough drawing of what you want to do and take that to home improvement store to find parts you need.

  • Jlnatty Jlnatty on Sep 23, 2018 (Doug Mockett & Company adjustable wall bracket for angled walls)

    Ikea used to have a bracket that could be used on a slanted wall but it was discontinued (Ekby Riset bracket) - looked like it worked great. The Mockett bracket is the closest thing I could find. No idea how much it costs or if it would be available to buy online.

  • Kim Kim on Sep 30, 2018

    I am assuming that you are speaking of sloped walls like the roof line.

    Shelf brackets are made with 90° angles so they will not work on your walls. You would first have to figure out your slope angle and then cut brackets out of wood for your shelves. It’s also important to understand that your shelf will have a wall angled toward it so tall or thick objects won’t be able to sit on the shelf.

    I hope that made sense.


  • LorriB LorriB on Sep 30, 2018

    How much of a slope do you have? You can use regular shelf brackets if you mount an angled wedge to the wall first and then mount the bracket or make the supports out of wood so the mounting end is cut to the appropriate angle. Your other option is to just visit a metal shop and have them bend some angle iron to make the brackets. Just have them drill the mounting holes for you as well.