Bamboo backsplash

I just watched the backsplash made from pallets and was wondering whether my surplus of bamboo sticks could be used as a backsplash. Has anyone ever worked with bamboo poles?

• Linda Sikut Linda Sikut on Dec 19, 2017
    Hi Gail, I can't say for sure because I couldn't find anything online and I haven't do it myself, but bamboo is being used for many things. I did find one picture of a bamboo backsplash, but it wasn't made with poles. https://freshome.com/kitchen-backsplash-ideas/?gallery=true&image=13
    Are your poles round or are they flat? I would flat would work great, but it might be hard to clean between the round poles in the kitchen. What you could try would be to put up a few using double stick tape, using it sparingly so it's easier to take down. See how it looks and how it cleans. If you like it take them down and install them as a real backsplash. If you don't like them or they are hard to clean, take them off and clean up any left over adhesive with Goo Gone or WD-40. Wishing you the best. Happy Holidays!

• Gail Gail on Dec 28, 2017
      The poles are round. I was really thinking of using them in my basement as a decorative/insulating wall.
      Thank you for responding to my question and sharing your wisdom.
      Have a Happy New Year!

• Kay27246977 Kay27246977 on Dec 19, 2017
    you would just have to make sure to use the right ahesive and to seal it from water

• Southwestgal Southwestgal on Dec 28, 2017
    thin coat (trowel) on using liquid nails adhesive