Attaching burlap to glass

Irish Pack
by Irish Pack
+7
What's the best way to attach burlap to glass jars or bottles. What method? Dotting, painting glue on, strips of glue?
I have Aileens craft glue, Elmers glue and Gorilla Glue hot glue sticks on hand.
Thanks
  • William William on Aug 29, 2016
    You can use the Aileens craft glue for something more permanent. Cut the burlap to fit around the jar/bottle. Paint the glue on the jar/ bottle. Roll the jar/bottle over the burlap. Run a bead of hot glue on the edges of the burlap. Roll the jar/bottle over the burlap.

• Irish Pack Irish Pack on Aug 30, 2016
      Thanks bunches.....I was impatient and used my low temp hot glue gun. It turned out ok, but I really think that your advice about rolling it is very good and I will certainly do it that way next time

• Gail@Purple Hues and Me Gail@Purple Hues and Me on Aug 29, 2016
    Decoupage would work, too.

• William William on Aug 29, 2016
    Great tip from Gail! Mod Podge would work great!

• Meburke Meburke on Aug 29, 2016
    Dot of hot glue,it will peel off easily later so jar/ glass/ bottle can be recycled .. Used again..I wrapped lace & burlap around small Kerr jars @a wedding rehearsal dinner for my son,country & cute...sunflowers & candy corn too on all tables, 11-4-12..I put one on foyer table yesterday filled w dry corn,a battery votive light.. Quick Fall idea!

• Pat Mountfort Pat Mountfort on Aug 30, 2016
    I used spray adhesive. Spray both the glass and the fabric and roll the jar on the fabric. I did this with lace and burlap for my wedding centerpieces and it worked great.