How do I attach glass flat bottom gems to plain mirror?

+4

How do I Attach glass flat bottom gems to plain mirror to give appearance of frame / border. What kind of adhesive to use

• Em Em on Feb 02, 2019

e6000 is a craft glue and it comes in clear. You can use clear silicone as well but e6000 grips quicker.

• Craft Invaders Craft Invaders on Feb 02, 2019

I used Bostik all purpose in this project Elizabeth. I think E6000 would work well too

https://www.hometalk.com/diy/craft/candles/how-to-make-a-beautiful-glass-gem-lantern-39613986

• Valleycat1 Valleycat1 on Feb 02, 2019

I would just use superglue

• Vimarhonor Vimarhonor on Feb 02, 2019

Hello-I think E6000 would be a great choice. Its at walmart and craft stores-

Ive used it to flatten glass marbles and faceted glass plates on woodn glass windows to make decorative hangings.

Please have a look at product information to see if it might meet your needs.

http://eclecticproducts.com/products/e6000/e6000-craft.html

• Lynn Sorrell Lynn Sorrell on Feb 02, 2019

Is the mirror up on wall can it be laid flat to work on it?? Clear silicone sealant or E6000 can be used in place of hot glue as long as you can work on the mirror horizontally to prevent stones from sliding off while the sealant dries. E6000 doesn't set up very quickly E6000 dries to a rubber-like consistency that is flexible and moves with adhered material. E6000 starts getting tacky in approximately 2 minutes and begins settingin approximately 10 minutes. A full cure takes between 24 and 72 hours. Remember, temperature and humidity will affect dry time.Super glue or hot glue gun is best to get it to hold on quickly with out slipping or need of clamping. Use care when working with hot glue, as it can be quite messy. Glue on your fingers may get on the top or sides of the glass pieces or the mirror, resulting in a marred finish.Cover areas of the mirror that will not be decorated with a sheet of paper to protect the surface from accidental glue drips.Strong adhesives used for jewelry will also suffice in a well-ventilated area.