What type of glue do I need to glue glass together?

+26
I am making a bird bath from thrift store glass, what type of glue would I use?
  • Janet Pizaro Janet Pizaro on Aug 25, 2016
    I would use a clear outdoor epoxy.

• Susanv Susanv on Aug 25, 2016
    I love E6000 for things like this. It's flexible but very strong.

• Yolanda Ramos McAninch Yolanda Ramos McAninch on Aug 25, 2016
    I have been working on a window project that uses odd pieces of glass and I used Aleen's Clear gel..Tacky Glue...works great..just make sure it's clear cause they also make a regular and it's cloudy...no bueno on glass on glass...

• Eileen B. Eileen B. on Aug 26, 2016
      Thank you for your suggestion. I will try it. I would be interested in knowing if the glue is water soluble because if it is that won't work for a bird bath. It is a wedding gift I wouldn't want it to fall apart

• Tammy Shea Malat Tammy Shea Malat on Aug 25, 2016
    I bought glue for glass to glass assembly at Hobby Lobby.

• Pj Pj on Aug 26, 2016
    Use GOOP marine glue. It's for outdoors and glues anything. Fast find on Amazon..............

• Chris Duncan Chris Duncan on Aug 26, 2016
    I'd use E6000. It will stand up to the weather and the water - just let it cure for at least 24 hours before you put it outside or add the water to it.

• Judy Judy on Aug 26, 2016
    Clear, waterproof silicone was recommended to me at Lowes

• Charles Slomski Charles Slomski on Aug 26, 2016
    The absolute best is E6000 at most hardware and Walmart Stores. I glue glass to glass every day..cannot be beat!

• Fred Ford Fred Ford on Aug 26, 2016
    Clear Silicone will work.

• Vicki Prullage Murray Vicki Prullage Murray on Aug 26, 2016
    I plan on using UV6800® 3.7 oz Adhesive by E-6000 I found on Amazon...Hope this helps!

• Linda kelley Linda kelley on Aug 26, 2016
    I have done the same...I used Marine Goop ...it withstands water and elements

• Faye Campbell Faye Campbell on Aug 26, 2016
    E6000 but you won't be able to separate the pieces afterwards should you decide to do so.

• See 1 previous
    • Debbie Debbie on Aug 29, 2016
      E6000 will hold up

• Vik Vik on Aug 26, 2016
    Clear E6000 (not white)

• Billie Zielke Billie Zielke on Aug 26, 2016
    Loctite Go2 glue -it's clear and extra durable. I've used it for years making my bird baths ,etc. and have them out doors all spring thru fall seasons.

• Alan Alan on Aug 27, 2016
    Silcon if it is weight bearing, just make sure it is suitable to be under water permanently, there is a Silicon that they use to join the corners on Fish Pond/Aquariums.

• See 1 previous
    • Alan Alan on Aug 27, 2016
      Excellent, we have Glass corner windows here in our house and they glued in the corners with Silicon too, we have several bird baths here in our garden, after washing them out with the hose & scrubbing brush, we put a few drops of bleach into the water, it stops Alge growing but only a few drops!

• Terri Terri on Aug 27, 2016
    I would suggest checking out your local craft store. Maybe lowes or Home Depot also. I know that Michaels has a glue for glass.

• Eileen B. Eileen B. on Aug 27, 2016
      Thank you Terri I decided on Marine Silicone glue. The birds won't come in contact with the glue so it should be okay

• Debbie Debbie on Aug 29, 2016
    E6000 is the best. That is what I used to make my glass flowers.. they have been out all summer and have not fallen apart at all.

• See 1 previous
    • Sandy Mattes Cerveny Sandy Mattes Cerveny on Sep 03, 2016
      Debbie I used to use E600 on my glass garden art. It does not hold up in the garden after several rains. I broke many of my prettiest pieces by using that glue. Never will I use it again unless it's for an indoor project.

• Terri Terri on Aug 31, 2016
    Winded and a magic eraser sponge. That's how I do it

• Terri Terri on Aug 31, 2016
    I meant windex sorry

• Debbie Debbie on Sep 04, 2016
    Mine have done great. Maybe you didn't let it dry 72 hrs before putting out in rain, plus I use plenty of glue. Mine have lastedall summer and it has rained a bunch in our area. I do take them down in winter.