How difficult and what are the steps for hanging beadboard?

I'm wanting to put some beadboard on a wall but was quoted a high price by someone to do the job. It doesn't seem like it should be that difficult. So I was thinking of attempting it myself.

• Ken Ken on Dec 27, 2017
    If you can tell me how skilled you are, what tools you have, and what is the condition of the wall, I can tell you how difficult the job is. All you really have to do is cut panels to size, glue them to the wall, and tack in a few nails to hold it while the glue dries. If you are only coming up part way on the wall you'll want a molding to cap it off and if you remove baseboard before you install the job will probably look better.

• Jmk22063243 Jmk22063243 on Dec 27, 2017
      Ken,
      Thank you. I'm not very skilled but I do have a few tools. I have a miter saw, nail gun and a chalk box. I didn't know that I can glue the panels to the wall. And yes, I'm only coming up half way on the wall. The wall is not in real bad condition but it is an old house. Built in the 70's and has been painted several times. I do want to cap it off with molding to make it look more finished. And I will take your advice about removing the baseboard too. Thank you so much.

• Melanie Juhler Nuffer Melanie Juhler Nuffer on Dec 29, 2017
    It's easy. I agree with the response from Ken. You will need to caulk seams and corners. We did this recently in a bathroom. Looks great!