I am looking for creative ideas to help fill in the space

+7
We built our house out of concrete blocks and we have a post and beam ceiling. What can we do with this space to tie it in?
q i am looking for creative ideas to help fill in the space
  • 2dogal 2dogal on Dec 19, 2017
    I would put some sort of stained molding - curved would be nice - that ties in the ceiling and wall

• Johnavallance82 Johnavallance82 on Dec 19, 2017
    Plasterboard it and paint with emulsion.....

• 2dogal 2dogal on Dec 19, 2017
    OK - there's two different answers, each reading the question differently. Could you please elaborate what you want tied in? BW: I love your post and beam ceiling!

• Deb Deb on Dec 19, 2017
      There is about an 8 inch space above the wall to the bottom of the beams that needs to be filled with something . there is about an 8 inch space above the wall to the bottom of the beams that needs to be filled with something. The face of the wall surface is in the same plane as the inside face of the timber above

• Vimarhonor Vimarhonor on Dec 19, 2017
    We have the same situation, but our cinderblock walls are drywalled. We have stained wood around the perimeter of the room. Here it is

• Cynthia H Cynthia H on Dec 19, 2017
    What about a simple molding piece?

• Sharon Sharon on Dec 20, 2017
    Are the walls plastered..... I would continue the plaster up to the ceiling to make it look higher or use whitewashed board. Love the post and beam ceiling, but personally I would whitewash the boards to make it brighter inside, and leave the beams natural.

• Johnavallance82 Johnavallance82 on Dec 20, 2017
    don't know those products .Sorry, I don't live in the US

• Dob32163248 Dob32163248 on Dec 20, 2017
    If the white part of the wall extends out leaving a slight ledge, why no take a piece of dowel rod sized to fit into the ledge, either paint it to match the wall color or stain it to match the wood, and tack it in place? I guess the same treatment could be done if the white wall section is recessed beneath the wood, leaving the look of an overhang (which I personally don't find objectionable).