Need plywood ship lap directions please

NEED DIRECTIONS ON FAKE SHIPLAP AND APPROX COST AND WAYS TO APPLY FINISH

• Janet Pizaro Janet Pizaro on Dec 14, 2017
    https://www.hometalk.com/search/posts?filter=shiplap%20walls

• Andrea Mosse Brown Andrea Mosse Brown on Dec 14, 2017
    I did faux shiplap on a couple of walls in my home. I thought it would be a quick project. Lol! Nothing is ever quick when it comes to transformation of a rooms. Windows fireplace trim? Those are all things to take into consideration.
    I used subfloor underlayment. Cost was aprox $12 for a 4/8‘ sheet. I had Home Depot cut them into 6” strips and sanded all the edges and the face side I was going to use. If there were rough edges on the back I also sanded that side. We started at the ceiling making sure the first row was level. No, our ceiling wasn’t level, but we are putting up crown later, so any gaps will be hidden. For the gap between boards we used popsicle sticks. These were a lifesaver because our drywall isnt perfectly flat. I also used a stud finder to mark off all studs before we attached the boards marking completely down the wall. After all boards were attached using a brad nailer, filled all holes and once again sanded. Used 2 coats of primer using a small roller, then 2 coats of paint keeping the paint out of the gaps.
    My walls were previously a tan color so I didn’t paint them before we hung the boards. If your walls are a bright color you’ll need to paint them first. I was very pleased with the outcome. My 26yo son told me my photos didn’t do the rooms justice when he saw them for the first time�. �..