What can be used to hang garland on brick.

+3
  • Janet Pizaro Janet Pizaro on Dec 12, 2017
    A brick clip available at hardware stores

• Michele Pappagallo Michele Pappagallo on Dec 12, 2017
    Most home centers sell little hooks that hang on the grout lines of a brick wall. They hook onto the front of your brick and then you can hang your garland on it.

• Pg Pg on Dec 12, 2017
    All I know, would be wall anchors for brick, and they would either need to remain or would leave holes. Maybe hang it with plastic clips from the rain spout. The clips are designed for that. Or maybe use S-hooks.

• Amanda Amanda on Dec 12, 2017
    Hi Sharon. Is it the brick outside or inside of the house? We have brick outside and were able to hammer in a few nails in the grout lines. We just keep them in all year round. They are higher up and so small that you don't even know they are there. We also have a stone fire place that I hang garland on. I was able to get a small shim between the ceiling and the fireplace. Then we have nails on each side of the stone that we put into the wall. I place ribbon in the middle of the garland and hang that on the shim. Then each end goes on the nails on the side.

• V Smith V Smith on Dec 12, 2017
    Brick clips are spring steel that grip the top and bottom edges of the brick. They work great if your bricks sit a little forward of the mortor, otherwise you may need to chip away a very small bit of mortor to give the clip room to grip. You can find them at JoAnns in the floral dept. and on Amazon.

• Flipturn Flipturn on Dec 12, 2017
    If the brick is outdoors, then in my experience, there are no plastic, suction type holders, or stick-on holders, that are going to stay in place or withstand cold exterior temperatures. (Don't believe the advertising claims!)