What can i use to decorate the corners of my headboard?

Bought bedroom suit at a furniture store while it was going out of business. Its curved so the corners are going to rub the wall and the 1 corner has a crack in the top of the wood. Can i use something to decorate both corner to prevent scratching the wall and cover crack at same time?

  5 answers
  • Elaine Elaine on Nov 30, 2017
    Can you post a photograph so we can see the style of your headboard?

  • Lisa S. Lisa S. on Nov 30, 2017
    On the back where it does not show, use some of the stick on felt circles, that are used o the bottom of pottery to keep it from scratching a table. It will protect the item and the wall. They will peel off if you do not want them any more.

  • Ken Ken on Nov 30, 2017
    Okay, first is that walls were not designed to have furniture rubbing against them. Unless you change the wall construction you need to get the headboard away or mount the headboard solidly to the wall so it doesn't move. Headboards are not designed to accept impacts from the wall. Same caveat.

    Is the headboard finished with a clear coating so that you see the wood grain or is it painted? If it is painted there is a Bondo brand wood filler that makes an excellent permanent repair. It is not designed to take rubbing or impacts.

  • Jen28494339 Jen28494339 on Dec 01, 2017
    The crack is in the upper righthand corner. Thank you for all the help. I greatly appreciate it

  • Elaine Elaine on Dec 02, 2017
    Hi again, Jenn ... years ago, I bought a large wrought iron garden gate that I knew would look great in the garden but I use it, instead, as a headboard.

    It can easily mark my walls but since I have carpet in the bedroom, just keeping the bed a half inch from the wall, helps BUT I also stuck on felt strips at the back of it in a few places. I’m referring to those felt adhesive dots (or strips) you stick on the bottom of chair legs to protect hardwood floors.

    I just trimmed the adhesive felt to fit some of the wrought iron bars at the very top and my walls have been fine for fifteen years.

    Your headboard has nice clean lines and if it were mine, I would hate to decorate it and take away from the style.

    How about using a brown Sharpie or a crayon, or whatever, and simply cover that cracked area? There‘s also a product that’s specifically used for covering up scratch marks on furniture - it looks like a child’s crayon and is sold at places like Home Depot, Lowes, some furniture stores and, perhaps, Walmart.

    Sometimes, they are sold three to a package because there might be a light brown and two different shades of brown in the package.

    As for myself and my own scratched furniture, I have often used a child’s brown crayon, brown markers, brown shoe polish and/or dollar-store craft paint. Usually, I have the best results with kids’ markers or Sharpies.