What is the name of these fabrics?

+5
Trying to find the name of these 3 fabrics, does anyone know what they are called?
q what is the name of these fabrics
#1
q what is the name of these fabrics
#2
q what is the name of these fabrics
#3
  • Nancy Turner Nancy Turner on Jan 08, 2018
    From what I can see of the first one, I assume it and the second one are seersucker. The third one looks like a wool skirt I had years ago, but I don't remember what the plaid was called.

• Rose Broadway Rose Broadway on Jan 08, 2018
    One and two look like Rayon, the third, wool.

• Sjendersby Sjendersby on Jan 08, 2018
    dlco anyways colour acrylic? not a natural fabric I think .. not a cotton or linen but would be manmade no care instrucctions Would wash in

• Cindy Cindy on Jan 08, 2018
    The first two items look like a rayon blend. Third picture looks like a wool blend.

• Sharon Sharon on Jan 09, 2018
    # polyester crinkle stretch seersucker fabric
    #2 looks like vintage rayon or abstract barkcloth
    #3 multi tweed tartan wool, suiting fabric probably British, possibly a Glen as its hard to see pattern in such a closeup

• Sandra Hohenwarter Sandra Hohenwarter on Jan 09, 2018
    Thank you ladies, you have been a big help. I wish I knew fabrics like you!

• Flipturn Flipturn on Jan 15, 2018
    Grab a corner of the garment, squeeze tightly, then let drape naturally. If there are no crisp visible creases or lines that seem to last, then the fabric content definitely has some polyester content.

• Kate Kate on Jan 16, 2018
    Nobody should even pretend to identify the fiber content based on how they look. I could get there by drape, smell, burn test, tactile sensation etc. and tell you the weave more easily. Your best bet is to Google "fiber burn test" and go from there.