Will stick on tiles work going over wallpaper?

+2
I have wallpaper in kitchen and I want to put stick on tiles in place of wallpaper. Can I just stick them on or do I need to do something extra before?

• Gail Gail on Dec 19, 2017
    Yes, you can just stick them on "IF" the wallpaper is all firmly attached to the walls. Any loose areas will not hold up. Those areas would need to be addressed (reglued or stripped) "before" you put up your new tiles. Best of luck with your project! Hope this helps.

• Marion Nesbitt Marion Nesbitt on Dec 19, 2017
    Think if your wallpaper is really attached securely, it will probably work. The main thing would be the weight of the tiles.

• Eroque022810 Eroque022810 on Dec 19, 2017
    I sure hope that you post this project on this site because I can't figure out why you would want that but I want to see your vision. I applaud people and encourage them to do their own thing since they should enjoy their piece of heaven on earth. OK so to answer your question I would assume that the previous person is correct,but I am still not a person that would not remove wallpaper my reason being that if you should ever decide to change things for selling sakes or just because you enjoy change, when you go to remove them it's going to wreck your walls because they aren't properly prepped for this. So my vote is remove wallpaper as awful a task as it can be then prime and then adhere the tiles. And remember that walls are not as forgiving as a floor. No one stares at a floor so you can fudge a little if not square and you can add a corner round to cover thing up. On a wall you will see every inch and it better be perfect or it will become the first thing that you see as well as your guest and you can't fudge that. I would make sure that walls are square and plumb level and anything else you can think of before you start so that if you need to fix even a small area you can do so before you begin. You may think that wall paper is similar but you can fudge with wallpaper. It's just not as noticeable especially if it was a busy pattern. Good luck and I really would love to see the finished product. I keep picturing a fifties diner look but know a days you have so many options that the sky is the limit. Those peel back sticky tiles that are stones are gorgeous. So I can't wait.

• 2dogal 2dogal on Dec 19, 2017
    Preparation is the answer to a good project. Please remove the wallpaper and clean the walls of the glue residue . Once the glue starts letting loose, all your work in sticking on those tiles will come undone.