How do I transition a wood plank accent wall w/ a bullnose corner?

Kathleen Kelch
by Kathleen Kelch

This is an old mobile home we have remodeled. The wall has since been painted, but we want to do a wood accent wall. Although I am not sure what wood I want to use yet, I am looking for suggestions on how to transition the wood at the bullnose corner on the right side of the wall. The rest of the walls have been sheetrocked, textured and painted.

  5 answers
  • V Smith V Smith on Jul 24, 2019

    I am guessing that you are thinking in terms of shiplap. If that is so, rather than have that edge be all board ends you could end the run with a vertical board of the same thickness. Then use a belt sander to sand the right side into a matching curve. If you have the right setup you could use a router to put the curve on the board before you install it. If you don't want to go through all of that you could end the wall with a piece of molding that kind of continues the curve. Or you could finish the wall with two vertical boards, one on your wood covered wall and one around the corner eliminating the bull nose completely.

  • Kathy Gunter Law Kathy Gunter Law on Jul 24, 2019

    You can do as V Smith suggested, that was my first thought, making a "frame" for the wall. I would do the vertical board on both sides.

    You can add wood outside corner trim so you don't see the edges.

  • Amanda Amanda on Jul 24, 2019

    Hello. They do sell trim transition pieces that you put on the corner. I used to have them at my old house.

  • Dee Dee on Jul 24, 2019

    Home Depot and Lowes sell corner trim. I would do board and batten on that wall. You can do the cheaters kind, where you use furring strips and molding and then paint whatever color you want.

  • Sarah Nicholas Sarah Nicholas on Feb 20, 2020

    What did you end up doing? I have the same set up...and same problem