Floor grout

+2
I used lysol toilet bowl cleaner on grout. The tile is now white and blue. Mother is so mad at me! Saw it on dyi project. 1/2 the floor looks great not the other is blue. thank U

• Dfm Dfm on Dec 10, 2017
    there is a colored sealant for grout...some you paint on with a brush, some come in a pen like applicator. I found it at a big box diy store useded it to freshen up the grout lines prior to putting that house up for sale.

• Ruth Glazier Ruth Glazier on Dec 10, 2017
    try bar cleaner or bleach

• Inetia Inetia on Dec 10, 2017
    This probably happened because stain-proof grout was not used and it was sealed instead. The parts that turned blue is where the seal was compromised. I know the last Hometalk hack you tried was a disaster, but here is one telling you how to paint the grout lines with acrylic paint. You can also buy grout paint but this Hometalker said their fumes are pretty bad. Good luck. https://www.hometalk.com/diy/clean/bathroom/how-to-freshen-up-your-grout-lines-for-2-or-less--18698727?expand_all_questions=1

• Kim Kim on Dec 10, 2017
    Oh no!!! Did it dye just the grout or did it dye the tile as well?
    You can dig out the grout and replace it if it’s only the grout.
    I would suggest cleaners for the grout but I don’t know how the Lysol residue would react with things like bleach.
    My brother almost died from mixing the wrong cleaners in an enclosed space so be careful if you try cleaning.
    😊

• Diana Deiley Diana Deiley on Dec 10, 2017
    I'd suggest Barkeepers Friend in the granular formula. Sprinkle it on the grout, dip and old toothbrush in warm water and scrub, rinse, repeat if needed. Contact your local tile company and ask for their professional advice first. Best of luck. (p.s. don't feel bad, I once did laundry for my mom and used a 1/2 box of laundry detergent.  I was 12 then, I'm now in my 60's, so your Mom will forgive you and you'll laugh about this later!) Merry Christmas & Happy Holidays.