I have rollers on my kitchen chairs-the floor is tile


  7 answers
  • Suzette Suzette on Dec 15, 2017
    I would opt for rubber casters! Here's a link that may help: https://casterconnection.com/quiet-caster-noise/

    Good luck!

  • Ken Ken on Dec 15, 2017
    Assuming that you mean "noisy" and "quiet", no, there is not. Anything you put on would not take the wear. But you could change the rollers to plastic ones. You didn't mention, are they steel or ceramic or something else?

  • Vimarhonor Vimarhonor on Dec 15, 2017
    I use felt slides on my kitchen floors to protect the hardwood. I would guess that you need rubber caps or felt to quiet the movement noises.

  • Flipturn Flipturn on Dec 15, 2017
    What is making most of the sound is the rolling of the casters over the elevation changes in the tiling where the tiles are grouted. Is is absolutely necessary to have the casters on the chairs, or would you consider having perhaps one or two chairs with standard legs? Thin pieces of felt can easily be glued on the bottoms of the chair legs, as long as they are flat to avoid any possible scratching of the floor.

  • Flipturn Flipturn on Dec 15, 2017
    I have seen commercial grade rubber casters, but they may be too large to fit your chair legs, and may be more expensive than getting different chairs all together........

  • Cindy Cindy on Dec 15, 2017
    You could put a rug under your table. It might be difficult to slide the chairs around, but it would be less noisy for sure.

  • William William on Dec 15, 2017
    You can replace the casters with rubber wheeled casters. You can also glue on strips of rubber to the wheels. Rubber strips can be found in the weatherstripping department of hardware store or home center.