Seal bottom of walk out basement wall

+4
When ever it rains or the snow melts I have water run in under the wall. I have tried different types of sealer but it seems to only last about a year. The wall is on top of a concrete patio . Any ideas ?

• This sounds like a drainage problem. You may want to consult a professional.

• 27524803 27524803 on Dec 20, 2017
    You probably need to have the drainage addressed...
    The yard can be graded to direct water away from your house
    Or
    You can have a drain put in the patio to drain away the water so it does not puddle on the patio...
    either way you will need a professional Landscape Architect.
    HomeAdvisor.com or AngiesList.com are free referral services that verify the companies they recommend

• Suzanne Suzanne on Dec 20, 2017
    My house was built in 1931 and I had the same problem with water causing mold in my old basement. I had my concrete guys fix it last year and so far it's great. They cleaned all the dirt, weedlets and gook out of the area where the wall meets the patio. They used a filler piece that look like a slender soft styrofoam tubing to fill in the space where the water would go. Then they used some Construction grade outside 'CAULK?' to seal the water out.

• Donald L. Held Donald L. Held on Dec 20, 2017
    Thanks for the help

• William William on Dec 20, 2017
    Love Suzanne's suggestion. She got guys who knew what they were doing. Instead of exterior caulk I personally would use hydraulic cement. It expands as it dries and is stronger than existing cement. It's used to fill cracks in concrete basement walls to stop water leaks,