What can I use to fill space between hardwood flooring and tile?

Wood flooring installers trimmed too much from bathrm tile and now there is a gap b\t tile and wood

  8 answers
  • Janet Pizaro Janet Pizaro on Sep 19, 2017
    a transition piece of the wood flooring

  • Dysko7710 Dysko7710 on Sep 19, 2017
    You might be able to find a transition strip to place in the gap. You would want to match the color of your wood flooring. You can maybe ask about that at a local Home Depot or Lowes store, or other flooring store.

  • look at Lowe's or Home Depot for floor "transitions" You should be able to find something to bridge the gap

  • Ro Ro on Sep 19, 2017
    The hardwood manufacturer should offer transition strips
    if the floor is older check a big box store they should hAve something that will work

  • Sharon Sharon on Sep 19, 2017
    You need a piece of wooden threshold trim, and since they cut it too short, they should bring a piece and fix it.

  • PJ Wise PJ Wise on Sep 19, 2017
    Before springing for the cost (albeit a small amount) of the transition strip, I would ask the installers to return and correct their error of cutting the tile too short. When our wooden floors were laid, our installer placed a transition "bridge" between the wood and carpet; that was included in the price of the job.

  • Michele Michele on Sep 19, 2017
    go to the hardware store and find a wide transition piece for door jam

  • Lisa Lisa on Sep 23, 2017
    WHen we had ours done I didnt want the "hump" of a transition strip as I tend to be clutzy and trip easily. We filled in the space with a caulk color that matches the tile. You can hardly tell that it is there.