What's the best way to get light scratches out of a hardwood floors?

I think the wood is oak, and I can't feel that scratches, but I can see them. I'm not sure what kind of finish I have. thanks!

• Gale Allen Jenness Gale Allen Jenness on Dec 25, 2017
    you didn’t mention if it’s a clean finish or stained or if the scratch has gone thru the color of the stain or not? But sounds like the scratches are minor enough that you can probably get away with using a clear oil like old English and wipe it over the scratch that usually will make scratches disappear. If you need a heavier oil I would use Watco narural oil finish to wipe over the scratch with a clean rag. You won’t need much oil and just wipe the oil in where there’s no residue buildup to speak of and let dry. Oil can take up to 72 hours to be completely dry, but with minor areas wiped down leaving no oil standing on your floor it should be dry in a couple hours at room temperatures
    it’s the best chance you got to hide scratches rather then having your floors sanded and refinished

• Barbara Barbara on Dec 26, 2017
    Lowes & Home Depot sell these markers to cover wood scratches on furnitur, you might try them if the Old English fails. I remember my mother always using Old English on all scratches.

• Johnavallance82 Johnavallance82 on Jun 29, 2022

Use a Sharpie pen in right colour and follow the scratch line.