Why does my laminate floors look like they're sweating?

For the past couple of months, I noticed my floor looked wet. I thought my dog was peeing, but it wasn't her. Even though I wiped them down, they still do it. I looked for leaks, but couldn't find any. Any suggestions???

• Since you are in Florida, I bet you have the house closed up. It is too moist in your house. I would look into dehumidifiers or open a few windows, run a fan. Too much moisture can be a breeding ground for mold, maybe have someone come out and take a look? They could provide viable solutions for you that would work for the long run.

• Sharon Sharon on Dec 09, 2017
    Is your floor over concrete? Maybe they didn't seal the floor first, and put the proper underlayment pad for concrete under the floor when they laid it. You can try running a dehumidifier in the kitchen 24x7.
    The other thing is I would check for leaks like under the dishwasher is a real common one as those hoses get old, crack and then leak. I would also check under sinks and your refrigerator.

• Michele Pappagallo Michele Pappagallo on Dec 09, 2017
    It sounds like you have too much humidity in your home. You could try plugging in a dehumidifier to see if that makes a difference. I would try to get the problem fixed soon, because excessive moisture can permanently damage your laminate floor by causing it to swell and bubble.