Bamboo plant yellowing!

+9
A little help please. My 11 year old bamboo plant is yellow. I don't know what to do with it. I've washed, changed containers, googled, any suggestions?
q bamboo plant yellowing
q bamboo plant yellowing
  • Rowgop (Pam) Rowgop (Pam) on Jan 03, 2018
    High chlorine in the water. A common problem for Lucky Bamboo plants are chlorine. Tap water contains chlorine that are not good for your plant. It can cause brown tip or cause the leaves to turn yellow.

• Karen Hurst Karen Hurst on Jan 03, 2018
      Thank you.. I will try natural spring water. My house in on well water not city water. They both sit in my kitchen window. I'll try find a new home for them in a not so sunny area.

• Kathy Kathy on Jan 03, 2018
    Good thing to know about the water. Also, try moving it. If it is in a drafted area that might cause it or to much light. When I bought mine they told me no direct sun and that they liked it shady. Well, I have mine out in the open but I moved mine away from the doors and windows if they have a draft. Or try a room with more light. I have had 2 that turned yellow on me and I took the yellow one out of the rest. The rest survived and the yellow one was dead. So, remove the yellow one and see if you can bring it back by itself. That will save the rest of your plant.
    Hope that helps you out a little.
    Kathy

Thank you. I have a well not city water. But I will try some natural spring water and see if that changes it. I will also try to collect rain water.

• Tina celeste Tina celeste on Jan 03, 2018
    I use bottled water for my plants . I have have had them for many years . i wash them in baking soda and a small amount of blue dawn , i also wash all the glass balls holding the plants and rinse every thing completely . You do need a plant food specifically for lucky bamboo , you can buy it on Amazon its called Super Green . I would not use rain water for this plant you do not know what is running off the roof . I forgot to mention why i wash my plants ,it removes any house dust and i can check the roots to see if i have a problem developing . Good luck with your plants, i love mine .

• Thank You! I have city water. Mine is over 20 yrs old and it's over 5 ft. We have to re pot it this spring.

• Fre32000561 Fre32000561 on Jan 04, 2018
    If you are watering it with city water with city water with chlorine in it? try rain water as the chlorine can cause this too.

• Karen Hurst Karen Hurst on Jan 05, 2018
    Thank you. I don't have city water, I live in the country and have a pump to supply the water. I thought about collecting rain water. We have a lot of trees and Im afraid that it may be to much acid from the trees.

• Tina celeste Tina celeste on Jan 05, 2018
    You are very welcome Karen ,good luck with your plants. I would be happy to know how your plants are doing in the future don't forget to cut off the bad leaves .