I have plant bulbs for the last 4 years and they have not come up.

+6
  • Bijous Bijous on Dec 28, 2017
    1. What's your zone?
    2. What are you planting?
    3. When are you planting?
    4. Are you following the depth instructions?

• Janet Pizaro Janet Pizaro on Dec 28, 2017
    It is possible they were eaten by voles,or squirrels. Have you dug a hole to see if the bulbs are there

• Nancy Nancy on Dec 28, 2017
    Make sure you planted them with the root end down. I did this once.

• JoAnn Kennedy-Scarfone JoAnn Kennedy-Scarfone on Dec 28, 2017
    possibly squirrels are removing the bulbs?

• Bbc10296812 Bbc10296812 on Dec 28, 2017
    30 years ago when I was a novice gardener, I planted all my bulbs upside down. The illustrations simply weren't clear -- to my beginner's eye, the bulbs looked the same upside or down! If I hadn't planted them upside down, I may have planted them too deep! None of them came up. The next year, I let them sprout so I could see which way so up. And then I planted them deep enough to cover the roots. Also, if you have deer or wildlife in your area, be aware that bulbs can be like cashew nuts to them! It's amazing how they can find even buried bulbs! Good luck!

• Kay Kay on Dec 28, 2017
    Check the time to plant, was wright ttime. Allso ask, your local nursery, for advice to. Kay Adelaide Australia

• M. M.. M. M.. on Dec 28, 2017
    Did you chill the bulbs in your frig? It's a big mistake if they were anywhere near fruits/veggies, either on the counter or in the frig. Fruits give off a gas that causes the bulbs to become sterile. You may also have underground critters that snacked on them. If you remember where they are, dig some up and see.Otherwise, purchase bulbs meant for your area and do not pre-chill unless the directions say so. You can pre-chill them in a cooler with ice and layers of newspaper between bulbs and ice. It usually isn't necessary if you buy bulbs for your region. Alternatively, if ground critters are the problem, plant your bulbs in pots, lots of colors and varieties. Then when they're done, you can store them in garage or shed until next year.

• Barbara Baldwin Barbara Baldwin on Dec 28, 2017
    Do you have mice or voles?

• Bec22637525 Bec22637525 on Dec 29, 2017
    Thank you...it is probably the squirrels. I have big trees close by.