I have some hibiscus plants, how do I cut it for it to grow roots

+2
  • Sunny C Sunny C on Jun 20, 2017
    Hello Ingridthompson01; I would try and cut four inches on a flowering piece, at an angle. Then place the cut pieces in water. Change the water every other day. Hopefully, You will see roots forming soon.
    I honestly have tried this, and it works, sometimes! Good Luck!

• For propagating hibiscus take cuttings and place the hibiscus cutting in well draining soil. A 50-50 mix of potting soil and perlite works well. Make sure the rooting soil is thoroughly wet, then stick a finger into the rooting soil.

• COCO COCO on Jun 20, 2017
    You can clip it short, or cut off branches, strip all but the end leaves , put ROOT-TONE on the ends and plant them and keep them moist and you will have new plants. Cut branches on an angle.

• Janet Pizaro Janet Pizaro on Jun 20, 2017
    What kind of hibiscus tropical or perennial?

• Cindy Cindy on Jun 20, 2017
    I would cut off a branch with sharp pruning shears and put it in water. When you see roots forming be patient. The more roots you have, the better chance you have for success. When they get an inch or an inch and a half, then plant it. Hope this helps.