My orchids havent bloomed in a while , they are starting but the leave

+5
The leaves of my orchids look dry and brown, some of them are starting to bloom but the leaves dont look very healthy! help

• Janet Pizaro Janet Pizaro on Feb 06, 2018
    They may need re-potting.How old are they?

• Sara yaker Sara yaker on Feb 07, 2018
      i have reported them and filled the containers with only what is needed for them. I dont think they have to be old to look like this because all plants keep growing new leaves and blooms and the old ones are discarded, no?

• Linda Sikut Linda Sikut on Feb 06, 2018
    Hi Sara,
    Click below to read a Question and Answer about the same problem. From what I read, it's a pretty common problem.Maybe the answer will help you. Wishing you the best.

• Rachelb2006 Rachelb2006 on Feb 06, 2018
    You may have overwatered them. Try letting them dry out and then water them with maybe a half cup of water.

• Bijous Bijous on Feb 06, 2018
      Yikes! You can never over-water an orchid. Leaving them in standing water is a no-no, however. Orchids require a once-a-week deep watering. None of this 3 ice cube stuff. Orchids are from rain forest and are continually in dampness. Spritzing them with water every day also makes them happy. Not enough water is the problem.

• Mary Lou Mary Lou on Feb 06, 2018
    I left two of my orchards in the path of direct sunshine and burned the leaves. The plant is OK but the black leaves are embarrassing!

• M. M.. M. M.. on Feb 08, 2018
    IF your plants aren't getting enough humidity, place them in a water proof tray full of small pebbles and fill the tray with water, halfway up the pebbles. As the water evaporates,it gives the plants the air conditions it likes.