Weed or Keeper

+8
as promised here are some better photos I think . Here are a couple more I don't know if it's a weed or a keeper. H-E-L-P please
weed or keeper, gardening
?
weed or keeper, gardening
?
weed or keeper, gardening
?
weed or keeper, gardening
weed or keeper, gardening, weed
weed?
weed or keeper, gardening, swa these walking today What is it
swa these walking today. What is it?
weed or keeper, gardening, how hard to transplant
how hard to transplant?
  • 360 Sod (Donna Dixson) 360 Sod (Donna Dixson) on Jul 25, 2013
    Ok, so @Barb Rosen is right on the first pictures, definatly Ironweed(Veronica). Last picture is Swamp Hibiscus. I would wait until fall to try to transplant. You will need a full sun spot that keeps good moisture or plan on watering it ...alot. It is a great attractor for bees, butterflies and hummingbirds. And I am still mulling over those middle three pics...if only I could remember half of what I know I would be awesome!

• Gina L Gina L on Jul 25, 2013
    Thank you Donna you have been very helpful.

• Roberta Alessi Roberta Alessi on Jul 26, 2013
    I always say if you like it, KEEP it !

• Lori Gladden-Chisholm Lori Gladden-Chisholm on Jul 26, 2013
    if you like it, or the butterflies and bees like it, then it's a keeper.

• Linda Sommer Wilkin Linda Sommer Wilkin on Jul 26, 2013
    A weed is defined as a plant out of place. So if you like it and you keep it, it's not a weed!

• Su Su on Jul 26, 2013
    most weeds are wildflowers or better yet food or medicine

• S. Snider S. Snider on Jul 26, 2013
    I think the top middle one is Joe-Pye Weed. It's not supposed to be weedy and attracts tons of butterflies. I personally have never grown it so I'm no expert on it.

• Kathy C Kathy C on Jul 26, 2013
    If the stem is somewhat reddish in color I would agree that it's Joe Pye Weed. We have it everywhere in VA and the butterflies adore it! It spreads......

• Gidget Beck Gidget Beck on Jul 26, 2013
    the first one in the middle row looks like liriope.. if it blooms with a purple beaded type of blossom then it would definitely be liriope. It is a member of the ornamental grass family- not a weed

• Natalie Carroll Natalie Carroll on Aug 25, 2013
    the first one is called "Baldwins Ironweed" to be more specific...http://www.gpnc.org/baldwins.htm