What can I do to keep my indoor plants moist?

+2
I have indoor plants & them will not stay moist! Do I need to put them in fresh soil? Please help! I absolutely Love Flowers, Especially While I Live!

• Janet Pizaro Janet Pizaro on Mar 30, 2018
    If the plants are not retaining the water it is time for re-potting.Make sure you choose the next size up and it has drainage holes

• Dianacirce70 Dianacirce70 on Mar 30, 2018
    I have been reading that if you take a diaper, get it wet and scrape out the inside and mix with soil it will keep plants moist, and will hold water longer when you rewater them. I haven't tried it, myself, but if you know anyone with small kids, I bet they would be willing to give you a couple diapers to try it out.

• Essie Essie on Mar 30, 2018
    You can try misting them with a spray bottle and water (just not plants with fuzzy leaves). Also, placing them on a bed of small pebbles in a tray of water will increase the humidity in their immediate area (just make sure the pots are not directly in the water).

• Alice Alice on Mar 31, 2018
    if they are small plants, look for a large aquarium at the resale places and make it into a terrarium.

• Clergylady Clergylady on Apr 01, 2018
    The suggestion to use the inside of a dissposable diaper works great. I live in high mountain desert and I even add that moisture retaining material to my raised garden beds.