What is the best way to repot orchids?

+1
They have out grown the small pot I bought the in and are wilting

• Corrine Corrine on Jan 05, 2018
    Orchids generally don't last much longer than a few months, in my experience so It's probably a waste of time to re-pot them. Unless you have a greenhouse and knowledge of their natural life-cycle...does anyone have luck keeping them longer? I'd love to find out!

• Lisa S. Lisa S. on Jan 05, 2018
    There is a special potting mix that you use, other than regular potting soil. It is similar to fine pine bark mulch. There are also special pots that have holes. My mom kept some around for years. A woman I know has one in an office cubicle that is starting to rebloom, and lives without natural light. They take a lot of patience.

• Bijous Bijous on Jan 05, 2018
    Hi Betty, garden centers and stores that have garden centers have orchid potting soil. As long as you get a larger pot that has holes in the bottom, you can use it. What I do is set the orchid in a bowl of water to thoroughly saturate the roots. I also soak the bark chip potting soil. Then fill the pot 1/2 way and position the orchid. Then fill the rest. Push down to make sure it's solid. Enjoy. Mine are budding now. It's going to be a good year. (My oldest one is 11 years.)