Unwanted pond in my yard when it rains

Pat pacdits
by Pat pacdits
Ugh! I need some help. I don't know where to start to fix this issue. When it rains my back yard floods like this.

I need some suggestions on how to fix this.

Thanks, thanks, thanks
  11 answers
  • Gk Gk on Jun 15, 2018

    You could make a raised garden in this area but it looks as if the water is coming from the other side of the fence and it's a low spot in both yards. Why is the fence panel raised in that one area? It doesn't look level all the way across. You would have to add more dirt to level out that spot and plant new grass

  • Mogie Mogie on Jun 15, 2018

    Dig a small french drain.

  • Kulpy Kulpy on Jun 15, 2018

    You could put a dry creek in, which you dig a trench fill with stone so the water moves where you want it to go, put water pumps in the ground with a grate on it, in a box, with pvc attached and run the pvc under ground out to where you want the water to go.

    • Pat pacdits Pat pacdits on Jun 15, 2018

      Sorry I forgot to mention I'm disabled. I need a quick easy low cost fix.😉

  • Kelly-n-Tony Kelly-n-Tony on Jun 15, 2018

    Can you check the other side of the fence to see what's going on there? It could be that the neighbor has a french drain running the rain water out and dumping it at the edge of their property...right into yours. Look closely as sometimes it's hard to see the exit pipe.

  • Rymea Rymea on Jun 16, 2018

    Research which plants will grow in your area that will soak up water like maybe a Bald Cypress, river birch or willow. You might consider having the fence raised off the ground a few inches.

  • Alice Alice on Jun 16, 2018

    Have to figure out where the water is coming from and a lower level for the water to drain into. Would your neighbors help you?

  • William William on Jul 01, 2018

    The fence is not level. Something going on there. The corner is not under water. Seems like the area is a low spot. I would build the area up with soil. Few bags poured in the area and spread around.

  • Alice Alice on Jul 14, 2018

    Pat pacdits - problem is with the landlord then. If he won't fix the problem, you might have to ask the local code enforcement or even the health department. Standing water causes all sorts of problems but especially mosquitos breeding. Good luck.

  • Fiddledd224 Fiddledd224 on Jul 20, 2018

    You should call a landscaper and get an estimate on a french drain to permanently move the water away and direct it to an area that could use the water.

  • Jan Loehr Jan Loehr on Jul 20, 2018

    If you cannot do this yourself you will need help to diagnose and repair this low spot...get some advice with a landscape company to at least see what the problem is...they usually do not charge for a consultation.