What is the best way to build a raised garden without using wood?

+4
I have a lot of back issues but I sonlove working in the garden that my husband built me with wood but in 3 years it rotted. This year he built me outdoor shelving and we planted in pots but they didn’t do well either.

I miss my garden does anyone have any suggestions?

Thank you,
Athena

• Ann Cherkas Halstead Ann Cherkas Halstead on Sep 24, 2017
    container gardening in 5 gallon buckets with holes in the bottom works greaT.

• Polly Fuller Polly Fuller on Sep 24, 2017
    bricks, go on freecycle, online. perhaps someone has some to give away.

• See 1 previous
    • Tina Tina on Sep 25, 2017
      freecycle Is a great resource and I actually have gotten bricks that we used for a different project in the past. I do like the concrete block idea someone else had I’ll have to see if anyone has some of those. I like the brick idea as well but would probably need alor of bricks. When we get the garden done, I will post pictures. Thank you for everyone’s ideas and help!!

• Jac28515504 Jac28515504 on Sep 24, 2017
    Bricks for border.

• Dl.5660408 Dl.5660408 on Sep 24, 2017
    Trex, a non-wood deck product would most likely work if you needed a garden box that's tall. I believe it's made of vinyl. My raised beds are made of stacked concrete blocks, three layers tall.

• Lit9776790 Lit9776790 on Sep 25, 2017
    My friend gardens in metal horse troughs and they have lasted for years. Just drill drainage holes.