How do I change kitchen cabinets with beveled edges?

by Barb

My 1960s kitchen and bathroom cabinet doors are all FLAT hardwood with rounded/beveled edges. I'd like to give them more dimension and paint them, but the only option I've seen is the shaker-type...which I like but I dont think can be done with round edged doors. Id rather have a simple wood option...Im not into painting them with stencils. I am a woman of 68, NOT very carpentry-handy and have to rent or buy any power tools needed other than a drill! PLEASE HELP!

  3 answers
  • Fiddledd224 Fiddledd224 on Jan 07, 2019

    Take a door front or drawer to the home improvement store paint department and ask for their advice on paints, stains, trim and more.

  • Mogie Mogie on Jan 07, 2019

    A picture would give us an accurate of what you are working with.

  • Kathy Gunter Law Kathy Gunter Law on Jan 07, 2019

    Do you have a picture? Perhaps you can add some type of trim such as quarter round to complement the rounded edges.

    • See 1 previous
    • Kathy Gunter Law Kathy Gunter Law on Dec 30, 2019

      You could change hardware to a nickel finish, same size, and change to a dark stain. Not sure if old English scratch cover would work but it’s an easier option than re finishing.