How can I change the look of old marbelite bath counters?

by Rosie

I have those all in one sink counter top fake marble look countertops in my bathrooms. The sink shows wear near the drain and is stained. Overall the counters look OK except dated with a few small "scars" in the finish (small chip or scratches). Can these be resurfaced and updated with something without removing and replacing them?

  3 answers
  • Rust-Oleum has a counter painting kit that you can use. It's smelly, but if you follow the instructions it will cover and be durable.

    • See 2 previous
    • Rosie Rosie on Dec 09, 2018

      I think it is a type of plastic? In the old days it was called marbelite and mimicked the look of marble.

  • Fiddledd224 Fiddledd224 on Dec 09, 2018

    Take a good photo to the paint department of the home improvement store and ask them what will work for you. They have the best selection, the most up-to-date materials and most important, the most informative sales staff to get you what you need for a professional job.

  • Cindy Cindy on Dec 09, 2018

    There are kits made for this exact reason. I saw them in a display at Home Depot but did not get the price because my wonderful husband was waiting for me at the check-out. Good luck Rosie and Happy Holidays.