I need to redesign a kitchen in a 14 ft x 60 mobile home

+7
I need advice on scale and placement of appliances.

• Nancy Turner Nancy Turner on Jan 02, 2018
    A picture of the area would really help. We can't tell what area and set up you have to work with in your mobile home.

• Judy Judy on Jan 02, 2018
    Can you take some current pics so we have some idea, on the present, and your desires as to what you want to change. We will give some suggestions, thank you.

• Eroque022810 Eroque022810 on Jan 03, 2018
    A lot depends on how often you use it and how many people live their and there age since kids eat small portions as opposed to adults. I would try to keep the concept of the triangle as far as appliances are concerned. The size depends on your family.

• Rhonda Rhonda on Jan 03, 2018
    Couch make over

• Bijous Bijous on Jan 03, 2018
    Plan your budget, and stick to it. Moving appliances is expensive and you need to take the space down to the studs to do a proper job if you will be moving them. My advise:
    1. If you have an ice maker, don't move the fridge unless, as an example, the fridge is to the right of the sink and you move it to the left at the distance the water line will reach comfortably.
    2. If you have gas, don't move the stove.
    3. Don't move the sink or the dishwasher.

• Diana Deiley Diana Deiley on Jan 03, 2018
    I'd draw it out on paper first to see if the arrangement meets your needs. All the local resale stores will have products that you can use and will meet your budget. Visit local paint stores for discounted paint. Best of luck.

• Dee Simmons Dee Simmons on Jan 04, 2018
    I just redid the kitchen in our 14’ x 70’ mobile home. A lot of questions you need to ask yourself before you begin. How much countertop space do you have now? Are you willing to lose some for more storage? Do your appliances work for you where they are now? If they do leave them in the same spot. Just replace them with newer and more efficient ones. Take your time and do it right. Draw it all out on paper before you even begin. I literally gutted everything and started from scratch. I went with open shelving on top instead of wall cabinets. I took a 24 inch section in the corner and put in a pantry since I needed more storage. I lost 24 inches of countertop but it was well worth it. The best suggestion I can give you is think a lot about what you need and want and then make smart but economical choices. Good luck.

• Judy Judy on Jan 05, 2018
    Please do try to get a pic from one end to the other, and sideways too. Each home is so diff., that it is hard to explain how to lay out the items, and colors. Please be extra careful in a mobile home, make sure all members of the family, KNOW where the fire extingers are at, and if they are currently working, espec. in this type of weather. Take care, J.