Moving a sink while being on a cement slab

+2
we are on a cement slab we want to move our sink to open up our kitchen but were told we could not,we do not have a crawl space
  • William William on May 20, 2017
    It can be done. It would involve cutting a trench into the concrete from the existing plumbing to where you want to move the sink. Tying new plumbing to the old. This would involve a plumber. DIY could cut and dig the trenches.

• Hmm good one. How is water being delivered to the current location? I am also on a slab and my pipes run through the back of the lower cabinets.

Can you post photos from under your kitchen sink? I am 99% sure you can move the sink with some creative plumbing solutions.

• Diana Deiley Diana Deiley on May 20, 2017
    Never say "can't". Anything can be done. It will require a licensed plumber/contractor. You'll need definite floor plans to get started to save time and money so the project can be executed correctly. Make sure you do your homework before hiring a contractor. When all is done, enjoy your new kitchen. Best of luck.

• Rae Rae on May 21, 2017
    Oh it can be done. You may have to tear up the floor to run your water lines depending what the distance is to where you want the new sink. A reliable contractor my have the solution you need and just saying if you are not sure what to do- don't try and tackle this one by your self.

• Florent Florent on May 21, 2017
    A real plumber is not to be missed on this case. It can be done, but it needs to be done "perfectly" to avoid any water leak. And, according to your project, you can use these new water pipes in the floor thickness, or in the lower cabinet, wich is the best solution, so that if you need to attach new pipes, you won't need to break the floor again.