My laundry room has plywood walls! What can i do to do a makeover?

I do not like the way the walls look but don't want to have to replace walls or just paint over them. O thought about using plaster on the walls and do texture art on them but dont know what kind of plaster to use. Can anyone help? Any cheap idea's? Thank you!
q my laundry room has plywood walls what can i do to do a makeover
  8 answers
  • Johnavallance82 Johnavallance82 on Oct 10, 2017
    You would need to use a PVA Glue on this "Fibreboard" to get anything to stick. (small bits of wood bound and glued together to form the Board. "Plywood" is Layers of wood like a sandwich) Once given a sealer coat of PVA. Mix your Plaster and PVA to make a useable Spreading Plaster that you could sculpt or even stick tiles on etc.

  • Ken Ken on Oct 10, 2017
    This isn't plywood. It is oriented strand board, plywood's cheaper uglier buck-toothed cousin. After a coat or two of paint I might try some heavy wallpaper. They make some that's intended to cover cracked plaster and it should cover the ugliness. I've never heard of plaster directly on OSB and I have to think there is a good reason.

  • C C on Oct 10, 2017
    I would use a wallpaper lining and then skim coat the lining with plaster compound like USG. It is ready mixed and comes in 6 gal buckets. Used for Drywall / sheet rock seems.

  • Flipturn Flipturn on Oct 10, 2017
    If you do a textured surface on the walls, it will be difficult to keep clean. A laundry room is full of lint, dust, and warm air, which will cling to the texture like a magnet!

  • Ingrid Ingrid on Oct 10, 2017
    Everyone is doing fake shiplap these days. Buy sheets of plywood, paint white and nail in

  • Ingrid Ingrid on Oct 10, 2017
    Our old house had an exterior room that we enclosed into a toy room. On the advice of my contractor I just bought a huge bucket of joint compound and smeared in on the walls. It was easy, no cracks and it was quite smooth. I painted it and it looked like plaster. It was a cheap project too.

  • Ingrid Ingrid on Oct 10, 2017

  • Kelly Denoyer Russell Kelly Denoyer Russell on Oct 12, 2017
    Head to your nearest Home Depot or Lowe's paint store. They make a textured plaster type paint. Three step process and a bit more work than a regular paint job but paint goes on with a large metal spatula type tool. I did it on a regular wall in my bathroom. Still love it! Hard to really see texture but the gold bottom was with a plaster paint.