How do I make a plastic bag storage container

+3
  • Amr28948206 Amr28948206 on Aug 16, 2018

I used the leg of an old pair of jeans. I folded the top and bottom and ran elastic through it. Put a loop and hung It off a shelf.

• Barb Malloy Barb Malloy on Aug 16, 2018

I use a container that had Clorox wipes in it. If you keep the handles up. See picture.

• Mainiebets Mainiebets on Aug 17, 2018

If you want to get really crafty check yard sales for old aluminum canisters with lift off lids, an old piece of wood, and if you’re lucky a hose clamp (if not there’s always Home Depot). Drill a 2 inch hole in the bottom and pop a rubber gasket (like the ones used for dry lock toilets) in the hole to keep the bags (and your fingers) from getting torn. Then place the hose ring on the canister and nail it to the board. Rustic and useful!

• Mom2K9 Mom2K9 on Aug 17, 2018

Cut the bottom off of a 2 liter bottle. Use hose clamps (automotive) to attach the bottle upside down to wherever you want to hang it-maybe inside a cabinet door. Pull the plastic bags out through the spout.

• Betsy Betsy on Aug 17, 2018

Hi Larry: What I used was an old hand towel. Fold down the wide side and sew up the side, making a long tube. Then, fold the skinny ends about an inch and sew to the end, but don't sew them closed at the ends, going up. These will be the top/bottom 'tubes'. Run a cord through these top/bottom tubes, one on the bottom and one on the top leaving about 2 inches of cord hanging out on each side on the bottom and 6 or 8 inches on the top. Pull the bottom end closed so that it's open about 2 inches or so, whatever you find easy when you are pulling the bags out. Run a cord through the tube top and tie to something you want to hang your holder on. Pull the bags out of the bottom. You can pull the top cord a bit closed like you did the bottom and knot so that it doesn't open a lot, if you'd like. Hope this wasn't too confusing:) Good luck

• NancyMaria NancyMaria on Aug 17, 2018

I just used a 2 liter soda bottle. Cut off the bottom, poke holes on each side near cut for hanging string. Then I cut off the screw top so I can pull the bags out and hang the bottle upside down.