Is a greenhouse a good way to get my garden started.

+1
I'm considering building one to plant seeds to get my vegetable garden started.

• Janet Pizaro Janet Pizaro on Dec 29, 2017
    Depends on your areas temperature or if you are going to have a heated one.

• Ken Ken on Dec 29, 2017
    Bit of overkill there Wrisk. I can call you Wrisk, right? I start my seeds in the basement. Use a couple of high-output T-5 fluorescent fixtures, plastic trays full of dirt, and seed starter heat mats until the seeds germinate. Have it all on one of my work benches but you can put it anywhere in the house.

My setup keeps evolving and last year I planted seeds exclusively saved from the previous summer's produce including some entrants that came from grocery store produce. Never had such a high yield from seed packets. Nearly every seed germinated. Plants under the 20,000 lumen lamps grew strong and healthy until I could set them outside to harden off. I'd call it an unqualified success and have my seeds saved to do it again for the 2018 season.

• Dfm Dfm on Dec 29, 2017
    my seeds get stareded in my basement...under grow lights. No bugs to bother them...but Then I’m in a fairy cool area....last frost date is usually arround March 15.

• Dl.5660408 Dl.5660408 on Dec 29, 2017
    My mom in law has used a greenhouse for years to start and baby her plants and it works really well for her. I’m planning on building one myself!