I would like to grow my own garden of edible flowers

I was considering using a heat lamp to grow my garden in a closet but I don't know how much heat I would need.

• Flipturn Flipturn on Feb 22, 2018
    I would advise you not to proceed with this setup as due to the extreme heat produced from a heat lamp, and the lack of adequate air circulation in a closet, you are creating a fire hazard.
    There are special lamps for indoor terrariums. These are called Grow Lights. As plants require UV (ultraviolet) light , these lamps attempt to provide a light spectrum similar to that of the sun, or appropriate for photosynthesis to occur.
    Heat Lamps are a special type of lightbulb that emit infrared heat radiation, heat not light. These are commonly used in chick hatcheries, in a bathrooms without central heating to warm up the room.

• Lisa Lisa on Feb 26, 2018
      Thank you for the advice. You saved me from making a big mistake. I will look for grow lights and the largest terrarium I can find to fit in my closet. Thanks again. Lisa C.

• DAWNA DANSBY DAWNA DANSBY on Feb 22, 2018
    atleast 7 hours of "sunlight" per day

• Flipturn Flipturn on Feb 27, 2018
    You're welcome.