What are the best bushes for attracting birds to your yard?

+3
We live in the Northeast.

• Janet Pizaro Janet Pizaro on Jan 05, 2018
    northeast where??????

• Kate Kate on Jan 05, 2018
    Common name is Burning Bush. I forget formal name. It gets white flowers in spring, full green leaves in summer, red leaves in fall and red berries in winter. Birds love to nest in it and eat the berries. The branches can form interesting patterns as they age.

• Lil28419654 Lil28419654 on Jan 05, 2018
    butterfly bushes for many types of butterflies and milk thistle (milk weed) for monarch butterflies work great and tolerate the NE

• Dl.5660408 Dl.5660408 on Jan 05, 2018
    Dogwoods, honeysuckle, crabapple, hollies, pyracantha, wintergreen, bush cherry, blackberries, I could go on and on! My favorite reference is the Sunset Garden Book. It comes in regional editions and has a plethora of great info

• Nancy Wilson Nancy Wilson on Jan 05, 2018
    Our birds were plentiful and they loved the holly (make sure you get male and female holly so berries are produced), the climbing vine rose bushes and they loved the azaleas.

• Lisa S. Lisa S. on Jan 05, 2018
    Look for bushes that produce berries. If they are sold in your local garden center, they are probably ok for your area. Holly and pine will attract cardinals that like to nest in them. But they take a long time to grow.