How do I get rid of ants in the house?

+4
  • Nicole Sigaud Nicole Sigaud on Jun 21, 2017
    Borax and coffee! After putting some ground coffee in places to avoid ants, make in such a way that they have only one place to go. Pu borax with sugar in a small plate and let them eat. This will kill them in due time, and whenever they carry the bora inside the anthouse, it will poison the fungus they feed on, killing the colony.

• Da.13944957 Da.13944957 on Jun 21, 2017
    Bay leaves, I had ants every year until I heard about this, put bay leaves in places where you see them. I haven't had any since I started this, you do have to put fresh out every year.

• Kim Kim on Jun 21, 2017
    i collect my coffee grounds every morning and when I have 1/2 of a gallon ( The size of my jar, the amouby doesn't matter) I sprinkle them around the house starting where I stopped the last time and moving away from the most recently laid grounds. I have been doing this for years in Southern California and it is very rare for ants to come in.
    When they do, I soak a cotton ball into a premade solution (recipe below) and put it in the middle of the ant trail. The ants and their colony are all gone within 24 hours. Sometimes a second round will happen within a couple of days that I think must be the next generation hatching out (my guess, not fact) and they always seem squirrelly and have no defined line. I place a second cotton ball in a spot along the wall near a bunch of them and by the next morning we are done.
    Recipe
    1 1/2 C warm water
    1 1/2 TBSP Borax
    mix until dissolved
    add 1/2 C sugar
    mix until dissolved
    store in airtight container

Hope that helps
    : )

• Marlene June Haas Marlene June Haas on Jun 21, 2017
    I use borateem from the laundry section at most grocery stores. Ants carry it back to their nests and it kills the whole colony.

• Mary McDonald Mary McDonald on Jun 21, 2017
    All very good tips! I have used various mixtures outside but have never encountered fire ants.

• Janet Pizaro Janet Pizaro on Jun 21, 2017
    With all that you must treat outside.thats why the ants are in the house .apply corn meal or food grade diatomoeus around the perimeter of the house.

• Lisa Burton Lisa Burton on Jun 22, 2017
    Terro traps...available at most hardware stores. They work great and pets don't seem interested in them.