I had a tree removed in my back yard----

+5
How do I get rid of the root sysemail ---without having to dig up
my hole yard -----the roots are going under the foundation ?

• Vimarhonor Vimarhonor on Feb 19, 2018
    The “Stump out“ product worked poorly for our substantial willow tree stump. Since that failure we have always used stump griding services.

• Sharon Sharon on Feb 19, 2018
    Drill lots of holes in all the roots you can see with a drill and large bit, and then either salt it regularly or use Stump Killer to kill the root system.

• Carol Marszalek Carol Marszalek on Feb 19, 2018
    If you have a chain saw, cut down into the roots as much as possible to make it easy to dig out any remaining roots. But if it is growing under the foundation it is important to dig it out, otherwise it can begin new growth in inconvenient places that could be even worse than the original. Fill in the hole and plant some bulbs.

• Katie Dillon Katie Dillon on Feb 19, 2018
    You can also pour bleach down the drill holes and that actually worked for me.

• L. Creative L. Creative on Feb 20, 2018
    They make a Rootkill solution that is sold in the plumbing dept at the home stores.

• Stephanie Stephanie on Feb 20, 2018
    Go to the garden supply or hardware. There is a product, that after you drill holes in the remaining base of the trunk, in the ground, then pour the dry granuels in the holes, possibly add water,(read directions) & wait. It will kill the remaining stump & roots, but not overnight. Be patient. We did this last spring, & late summer we had planted grass on the patch. Good Luck.

• Janet Pizaro Janet Pizaro on Feb 20, 2018
    The name of the product is called stump out

• Lisa S. Lisa S. on Feb 20, 2018
    Many, many years ago, I saw my Dad drill big holes and pour in rock salt. It killed it.