Japanese beetles eating flowers pet safe sprays?

+6
  • Judy Judy on Jun 20, 2017
    !Plant a Mary Gold plant - ALL bugs will NEVER touch them again!! You can also save the seeds per blossom for the plantings next yr. J.

• 13526476 13526476 on Jun 20, 2017
    The safest way (to other beneficials) is to go out in the morning and flip the beetles into soapy water. We have had good luck using the yellow Japanese beetle traps, but you must be sure to put the traps far away from your flowers/vegetables. I'd be you not to use diatomaceous earth because not only will it kill the beetles but every other beneficial (destroys the exoskeleton or soft body).

• FL FL on Jun 20, 2017
    Here are some tips that might help: http://www.almanac.com/pest/japanese-beetles ; Good luck!

• Susan Susan on Jun 20, 2017
    Try Vinegar and water or if you still d dishes by hand, your used dish detergent. I got a rubbermaid dish tub ( the kind that can sit in your sink). Let the used water cool and pour the soapy water on your flowers or vegetable plants. I had rose bushes and I used it on my tomato plants. Vinegar and Water may works on weeds and is Pet Safe.

• Beth1963 Beth1963 on Jun 20, 2017
    I spend a lot of time dealing with these bugs because we are farmers. Every time we harvest something it stirs them up, and my house gets inundated with them. I use the vacuum!! Vacuum them up, then toss out the bag, or empty the bin asap. I've even sprayed neem oil into the vac bag first to help kill the bugs once they're inside. But just a good, strong vac is usually good enough to kill them off.

• Delicia Ambrosino Delicia Ambrosino on Jun 21, 2017
    Sprinkle Milky Spore over your entire yard. The spore feeds on the Japanese Beetle grubs. It is not toxic to animals and is safe around kids. I would also use Bag-a-Bug the following spring. A big plus with the spore is they stay alive for as long as there are grubs. Oh, they do not hurt earth worms either.