My cat keeps digging up my plants!

+8
What can I do to keep him from digging into my plants beside put them up higher
q my cat
  • SandyG SandyG on Dec 13, 2017
    Use chicken wire or a smaller opening wire, cut to fit area.

• Lho8229599 Lho8229599 on Dec 13, 2017
    you can put pine cones in the pots around the plants. or stake the soil in the pots with decorative stakes. Or use Shake cans. I take beer cans but you can use anything.. I use the cans with the screw on lids and add 15 pennies.. balance the cans around the plant pot.. the cats will scurry away when it falls.This works great for counter surfers also. I use them on my dogs. They know what the look like and will leave everything alone when they see the cans. Good luck. oh Cats hate netting also.. like old fashion hair nets. you can use them on the ends of furniture to keep them from scratching.. or double sided tape..they hate that too.

• Dianacirce70 Dianacirce70 on Dec 13, 2017
    Scratch his belly, snuggle him and listen to him purr :) Seriously though, here are some solutions I found that might help you not have to move your plants

Try placing objects around the plants to block access. Put smooth stones or pieces of crumpled aluminum foil on top of the soil to discourage digging. You might also place fresh orange peels on the soil — the citrus scent can act as a repellent. Make sure you change the orange peels regularly.

• Ris3145885 Ris3145885 on Dec 13, 2017
    Sprinkle cayenne pepper around them

• Sue Sue on Dec 13, 2017
    Put litter box near, put orange peels on dirt, crinkle foil & make circle around plants. He may just be bored, play until tired out.

• Lesley Owens Lesley Owens on Dec 15, 2017
    I take clear plastic forks and stick them into the soil, with the tines upward. I push them into the soil so the handles are completely buried, then cover them in Spanish Moss.

• Sharon Sharon on Dec 17, 2017
    MI

• Sharon Sharon on Dec 17, 2017
    Put a little bit of vinegar with a lot of water in a spray bottle from Dollar Tree

• Dfm Dfm on Dec 17, 2017
    hardware cloth cut to shape of the top of planter...cover with rocks marbles etc.