My kale and zinnias were very wormy. What do I need to do?

+2
The kale and zinnias were wormy and nothing I did got rid of them. Is it the dirt?
  • Janet Pizaro Janet Pizaro on Oct 21, 2015
    What have you tried on your plants?

• Lan2682318 Lan2682318 on Oct 21, 2015
    You need to moist them first with water then dust with cayenne pepper,I usually buy it in spices department by bulk and use it a lot.

• Linda Stroud Huggins Linda Stroud Huggins on Oct 22, 2015
    Use garlic, liquid dish detergent and correct cayenne pepper. give it a try.

• Robin McGlinchey Robin McGlinchey on Oct 22, 2015
    try planting nasturtiums with them. See this article for helpful plants in the garden http://www.mnn.com/your-home/organic-farming-gardening/stories/12-plants-that-repel-unwanted-insects

• Duv310660 Duv310660 on Oct 22, 2015
    What do you mean by 'wormy'? Do you mean that you have the larval stage of an insect infestation? If so, have you tried to identify which pest you have? If you can't tell, could you take a sample or a picture to a local garden centre for identification, or perhaps post a detailed picture here? Please don't decide on a solution without identifying what the problem is - it may do more harm than good if you don't know what you are doing. Some kale varieties are much less susceptible to pests; for instance, 'Blue Lacinato' has fewer pests than 'Russian Red'. You could try starting with a variety that is known to be disease and pest resistant in your area.