What is the best thing to use to keep deer away from your flowers

+2
  • Ken Ken on Dec 20, 2017
    I've tried a number of solutions and the only one that has worked so far is "Deer Out". Somewhat overpriced concentrate that you mix with water and spray on foliage. It gives a pleasant minty smell. Deer aren't into mint. You only need to respray when there is new foliage.

Thanks to Deer Out this was the first year the deer didn't trim my peppers. Had so many green peppers that even the neighbors were turning them down.

• Vimarhonor Vimarhonor on Dec 20, 2017
    My desperate measures that I’ve worked are 1- putting stakes up and running fishing line from stake to stake in a fence like fashion, and 2-weaving/ lacing mesh wire fencing into a cylindrical basket and placing that over specific plants capping them off so they won’t be eaten.

• Pascale Nguyen Pascale Nguyen on Dec 20, 2017
    Very good advice, we do the same! After many years of experimenting with different flowers there are some that they do not touch believe it or not!