Best paint for OSB shed walls?

+6

I've built a storage shed for my garden supplies out of OSB instead of plywood, and was wondering about the best paint to keep moisture out for as long as possible.

q best paint for osb shed walls
  • Cynthia H Cynthia H on Aug 15, 2018

Hi Lamar! Honestly, I would recommend putting siding on it instead of painting. However, if you are determined to paint it, use a good exterior paint.

• Dfm Dfm on Aug 15, 2018

Oil base paint, consider siding or shingles for added protection

• Shore grandmom Shore grandmom on Aug 15, 2018

You could try a marine paint.

• Lamar Havard Lamar Havard on Aug 16, 2018

THX everybody! I may just do a board and batten and seal it really good.

• Jack Jack on Aug 16, 2018

Regular deck paint should do good. NOT deck STAIN>

Be dure to cover bottom egd. Caulk all seams an joints first.

• Dick wold Dick wold on Aug 16, 2018

check with Menards, Lowes, or Home Depot they may have some slightly damaged siding you could purchase at a Discount.

• Lov30865216 Lov30865216 on Aug 17, 2018

Hi, you have a cute shed there but if you paint over OSB it would be a real shame and a mess. OSB will absorb any and all moisture and swell, then it will kick the paint off and rot.

If you really need to buy some time before you get siding, the very least I would do is wrap it in tar paper. It is cheap and will let the rain fall right off of it.

When you do add siding, try to use something that is the same as or similar to your home; it will look more professional. I also hope you are following city or county codes. Good luck