How can I paint old metal mini blinds?

Jeannette
by Jeannette

I have old metal mini blinds that are in wonderful shape except the color is cedar green. Can I spray paint them? If so will the cords work? The cords are green too. They work so well. I hate to just throw them away.

• Sam Sam on Jan 24, 2019

You can spray paint anything

• Michelle Leslie Michelle Leslie on Jan 24, 2019

Hi Jeannette yes you can. Spray paint works beautifully on metal blinds. I would remove the cord first before painting. Here's a video that will show you how to do that - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tVWH2ijB5-s

• Ebbjdl Ebbjdl on Jan 24, 2019

Jeannette,. I would cover the cords with foil. Also the draw string. Find a good metal paint spray, and lay them down and spray. Next, completely dry, and turn it over, and paint the other side with the blinds facing out. By spraying, this avoids streaking, and peeling. Aloha!

• Sal3170064 Sal3170064 on Jan 27, 2019

I would take photos of where strings are, then take it apart and spray paint with metal spray paint. Then look at the photos to put it back together.